Tuesday 15 November 2022

The Sunflower Song

 The tamariki enjoyed pretending they were sunflowers at mat time. 


They started out as seeds buried in the ground.


Then, they knew to grow they needed to be watered. Lucky Anu the super gardener had her watering can ready!




Next Tamanui te raa worked his magic and his sunrays helped our seedlings shoot right up into sunflower plants. Just like sunflowers, the children followed the sun as it moved through the sky.







Action songs like this help and repetition help tamariki to develop their ideas, in this case of our natural world. 


Here is the waiata they enjoyed to the tune of I'm a little teapot:

"I'm a little sunflower seed small and round.

Bury me deep into the soft ground.

Sprinkle me with water, sunshine too,

Watch me grow as tall as you."


No comments:

Post a Comment