Tuesday 9 July 2024

Tanabata 2024

On the 7th day of the 7th month, Tanabata is celebrated in Japan and worldwide. (Tanabata means "The evening of the seventh").  A special Star festival that recognises the same star cluster that we celebrate for Matariki.  Following Japanese traditions, we made wishes to send up to the stars, called Tanzaku, and we hung them on a bamboo tree. It was lovely to hear our children's Tanzaku wishes. We also decorated colourful lanterns and made paper chains.  We loved sharing our wishes with one another.

Here were some of our wishes...

" I wish for a cat" -   Owen

"I wish for a party"  -  Hazel

" I wish I can have a pet " -  Caleb

"I wish to play with Ella"  - Madison

"  I wish for a kitten"   - Chlo P

" I wish for a toy cat"  -  Summer

"  I wish when someone loves me"  Lucy

" I wish if a tooth fairy could come and take my tooth"  Charlotte

"I wish for a digger" - Frank

" I wish for a big mashmellow "  Chloe O

" I wish for a dump truck "  Tate

"I wish for a doggy" - Penelope

"I wish for santa to give me a trampoline for my dolls" Ivy

"I wish for a real unicorn - Isla




















No comments:

Post a Comment