Thursday 4 August 2016

Our Olympic Opening Ceremony!!

Our Uxbridge athletes were all prepared for the opening ceremony today!!  Hands on hearts wearing their countries flags we participated in the Olympic torch relay where our runners each ran a lap and had the honour of lighting the olympic cauldron. 

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Over the next two weeks we will participating in different sporting events at kindy from basketball, synchronixed swimming, equestrian, rowing, sailing......... we will keep you updated with posts and photo's. 

Here is a video clip of the ceremony today!!



Watching the last Opening Ceremony, we were amazed with all the fire!








Uxbridge Olympic Team

Comments from our children about the ceremony today

Emilia said "It was really exciting seeing the big flame.  "I had the cross flag like where my mum is from.  That's where my Nanny and Grandad live".
Daniel said "I held the South African flag"
Blake said "It was fun and I wish I could use the fire on a stick for a pirate game"
Renee said she remembered one of the sports was horse racing
Amber said "And we were doing it here, basketball"






No comments:

Post a Comment