Saturday 26 June 2021

Little Kiwi's Matariki!

The tamariki have been enjoying the story of Little Kiwi's Matariki. We decided to make some of our very own Kiwi.  We looked at what shapes we needed to make a kiwi. 2 porowhita and 1 tapatoru . Some of the children used pre cut circles and triangles and those that wanted to drew and cut their very own to make their special kiwi. Which was super to practise those scissor skills! They picked their eyes and glued them to a starry night background they had used cookie cutters to paint earlier. Then the children told me what their kiwi's would say when they looked into the night sky and saw the beautiful Matariki cluster. 




"I can cut my own circles!" Chloe Said


" oh we need legs!" Rory pointed out. As he cut two legs for his Kiwi.

" I want to make one for my Mummy and Daddy" Eliza said as she enjoyed creating many Kiwi

" I know how to do it." Taylor said confidently as she put her shapes together to make a kiwi .

No comments:

Post a Comment