Wednesday 7 October 2020

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, who do you see?

 The story Brown Bear, Brown Bear has been a popular one lately, so we decided to make it into an interactive story that allows the children to be the animals in the books. 

The story starts with Brown Bear up the front and everyone together calls out "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, who do you see? and then Brown bear chooses who he sees sitting on the mat. and has to say, "I see a Blue horse looking at me" and so on. 

Each time the child with that animal gets to stand up the front and respond to what animals they see. 

This is a simple yet effective way of getting children confident and competent in standing up the front of the class, having a role to play and lines to recite. 

We have also added the names and colours of the animals in Te reo on the back so once we are confident and familiar with this process we will challenge ourselves in another language. 

Brown Bear. brown bear who do you see?


"I see a blue horse looking at me!"

                                                 Blue horse, blue horse, who do you see?

                                                        "I see a white dog looking at me!"

                                               "White dog, white dog, who do you see?
                                                      "I see a Black sheep looking at me!"
                                               "Black sheep, Black sheep, who do you see?
                                                    "I see a Green Frog looking at me!"
                                               "Green Frog, Green frog, who do you see?


                                                     "I see a Brown Monkey looking at me!"
                                               "Brown Monkey, Brown Monkey, who do you see?"
                                                     "I see a Gold Fish looking at me!"
                                               "Gold Fish, Gold Fish, who do you see?


                                                       "I see a Yellow Duck looking at me!"
                                              "Yellow Duck Yellow Duck, who do you see?
                                                       "I see a Purple Cat looking at me!"
                                              "Purple cat Purple cat, who do you see?
                                                           "I see a Red Bird looking at me!"
                                                       "Red bird, red bird who do you see?

                                            Lot's of our friend's had turns at this fun story!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment